Friday, Yay-day! This is a series of posts about my favorite things about living and working in Farmington, NM.
Starting our day with dark, green leafy veggies for breakfast is easy, peasy!
Last year, my husband had his blood work done as part of his annual physical. The results were far less than stellar. Basically, the doctor told my husband that he needed to change his diet or he would have a heart attack. He’s pretty thin so the results were shocking.
So we bought a refurbished Blendtec blender off of ebay and started drinking green smoothies to start our day off right.
Where We Buy Our Greens & Fruit
- Green leaf salad: Southwest Cash and Carry next to Little Caesars on 20th Street. Three times the amount as the Sam’s Club package and only $5 something. It is located in the refrigerated section. I take it home and put it in my freezer.
- Frozen Bags of Mango: Mango is the fruit of the gods! You can only buy it at Wal-Mart.
- Mixed Fruit: Sam’s and Southwest Cash and Carry
- Frozen Strawberries: Sam’s Club
Basic Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups milk (almond, rice, or dairy)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups packed spinach or other dark leafy greens
- 2 cups fruit of your choice (more if you like your smoothies to be sweeter)
- 1 – 2 bananas
Cheers to eating your veggies in the most delicious way! -Lynne
Zia Photography specializes in children and family fine art photography in Farmington, NM and the surrounding areas.